Monday, November 29, 2010

Big Day

So, I guess I now get 35 points.

Weight Watchers began a new diet plan today that ups the number of points we get, and ups the number of points foods are worth. The new plan is great because it factors in carbs, protein, fat, and fiber instead of calories, fat, and fiber. I like the idea of doing a better job accounting for my carb intake, but I do have some work to do to ween myself off of bagel thins and lite English muffins. Those went from 1pt to 3pts.

Tomorrow will be my first opportunity to test the new wine points. Of course, those points went up. Rats!

Day one was successful for me in keeping within my allotted points, but I am still two points shy at 10pm. I'm not hungry, but I have to eat something. I have lots of fruit, but fruit is now free, so that won't help me fill up those points. It's amazing. If this really does lead to weight loss, then I guess I should be happy. More food, less weight?

The only downside I can foresee so far (besides my general anxiety about change) is that it is very difficult to estimate points easily. With the old system, it was easy to figure based on calorie count and fiber, but now there are too many factors, not including calories. I hope before long it will become as second nature to me as the old way, right?

I'd love it if any fellow WW people out there would be willing to let me know what they think of the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment