Monday, February 7, 2011

Jamais plus!

It turns out I had an epiphany just now. As a result, a major overhaul is required.

Not really. At least not on the overhaul part. But I did have an epiphany!

I made pasta for dinner, using Bertolli tomato and garlic sauce, which is delicious. I added some mushrooms, onion, and green pepper to ramp up the volume of food as well as the flavor and nutritional content. Yay me!  As I stirred it all together, I thought it seemed kind of dry. I hadn't used enough sauce. My first thought, of course, was to add more sauce...and then I remembered I had a bottle of red wine open that needed to be used. So I got that out and added a splash to the sauce. It did two things.

1) It made the sauce go a little further. It got just the right consistency.

2) More importantly, it made the flavor go beserker with awesomeness. I added just a splash, but it completely revolutionized the taste. It was so much richer and more intense. I was floored how such a small addition could change so much.

As a result, I have now decided that I will never again (jamais plus!!) eat pasta sauce without a splash or red wine. I will now always have one of those little tiny 6-oz. bottles you can get, just ready and waiting for pasta sauce. It's just. That. Good. You have to have to try it!

Also, I've now officially decided that Brown Cow yogurt beats Kalona SuperOrganics. It's creamier and cheaper. It's two points instead of one, but it's worth it. I'm floored by this news. I feel like I'm betraying Kalona, my dear, sweet Iowa Amish company. But it had to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment