Friday, April 15, 2011

Done by Noon

Today was not a day of self-control. I had a research celebration that I was judging for work. I ate a decent breakfast and headed in and started work. Then.

Ooooh. There's a table of fruit and cookies in the poster room! Oooooh! I'll have mostly fruit. Just one cookie. I visit with a student for awhile, then go finish up my judging. Go back to the table for a coffee refill and some more fruit. And. Oooooh. That chocolate cookie looks even better than the M&M one I had. I'll just have one more. I'll be good the rest of the day.

Then I go to the coffee shop on the way back to the office (hey--I was supporting local business! I'm a good citizen! It has nothing to do with a coffee addiction, I swear). The guy ahead of me orders some of the black bean soup. Holy crap. That looks amazing. I'll just have a cup. The cup comes with bread and chips. Do I leave those alone, given that I ate two cookies? Nope. Eat it all.

Then I go to the co-op for eggs. Oooooh. They have my low-fat scones here. Mmmmmmm.

So there you have how I used all my points before 3pm.

That's awesome. I ate a few days worth of sugar in about four hours.

So tonight for dinner it was asparagus and a spinach salad with just a teaspoon of olive oil in the homemade vinaigrette for a point. I have spare weekly points to go over, so it's no big deal, but dang. I'm not sure what was behind the binge there, but at least I put the brakes on tonight, I guess.

We all have days like that, but it's nice to know you can make decisions that minimize the damage by the end of the day instead of waiting till you gain 20 pounds to stop it, right? We're all in control of our bad decisions--I knew what I was doing as I was doing it--but at least we're also in control of our good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment