Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weight Watchers Leadership

Hey! So I got home from a conference to find an information packet for my training as a Weight Watchers employee. How awesome. Good way to start a new week, to say the least. I'm excited about this opportunity to help others succeed on the plan, and to continue to help myself stay on the plan.

The conference challenged my diet, for sure, but I did always have healthy snacks available in my room when I needed a snack that wouldn't cause too much point problems. I always take healthy granola bars, fruit (including some of those individual plastic containers with the fruit in its own juices, not sweetened), healthy nuts, healthy cereal. This time I also took some white cheddar rice cakes that were a nice salty snack for one point. I got caramel ones, too, for sweet cravings. I also had Special K multigrain crackers. That sounds like a ton, I know, but in my defense I was gone for five days!

The other fun thing about the conference is that I walked into a panel presentation about getting tenure (beyond begging and pleading with the committee) and heard a lady mention WW. She was saying that it was working for her, even on the new PointsPlus program. Apparently she's heard people don't like it, but I hadn't heard much of that myself beyond the initial transition period. Anyway, I chimed in that I was on it, too, and had good luck. We had a fun chat about the way it has changed our decision patterns, etc. The only downside is that I was talking while eating a bagel with cream cheese. *snicker* 

I also managed to make use of the hotel's fitness facility a few times while I was there, which made me feel good.

But yeah. Things are going well. I have a feeling I have some water weight that I'll be dealing with for a couple of days, but I think I'm okay beyond that in the post-conference day. I am ready to be back on track fully and completely this week. It's asparagus and strawberry season, so I have good motivation.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, lady! Great job on keeping it in check at your conference and on the pending WW Leadership. You rock sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) It's probably good I don't live near the Maharajah.

    ReplyDelete