Thursday, December 30, 2010

Squeeze into the Jeans

Yup. The jeans are a little tighter. Wee! It looks like January will be back to strict discipline and a few weeks of going into actual loss mode till I get back into some sort of balance. And you know what? I'm okay with that.

That feels good. To be confident enough that this week of overindulgence is a temporary splurge and that it doesn't mean doom and gloom. I mean, yes. I should have behaved better. I should have eaten less. Bladdy blah blah blah. I'm going to be okay. Those jeans won't be tight in a month.

I went to Trader Joe's and got some healthy food, including reduced fat gouda and aged white cheddar, (one point per ounce!) some low-cal dips (including red pepper dip....yum), and some fiber cereal that seems to be comparable to Fiber One (but cheaper). So I'm pretty much set and ready to go for a return to a balanced diet. I also got some black bean soup, which I hope will be filling. I had some of that at Panera awhile back, and I loved it. It's high in fiber and has a decent amount of protein, so it should hold off the hunger pangs for awhile.

It's been a great Christmas, and despite my general blahs and gripes, I'm grateful to have had this time to get a grip, enjoy some indulgence, and try to get back to a place where I don't want to withdraw from society anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment