Friday, August 27, 2010

Me Food and God

I heard about the book Women Food and God from a FB friend awhile back. I put it on my "to read" list, along with about 8,000 other books. If only I could be a professional reader for a living. Anyway, I put it on my list, and then kind of forgot about it.

Then today, I was reading Snack Girl, and she mentioned how the book had been useful to her, as well. She specifically talked about how her tie to food was altered after the loss of a family member, as a result of her emotional connection to eating. Something we can all relate to...I know I have used food to assuage my depression, sadness, confusion, frustration, anger, etc etc. Since I started losing weight, I have not (thank god) faced any serious obstacle beyond moderate sadness and frustration. What happens if something happens, though?

I believe that the universe (or god or whatever) purposefully sends us important messages that we are wise to heed. Maybe hearing multiple sources discuss this book in a personal way is a sign. I think, as a form of preventive therapy, I'm going to put this book at the top of the list. As soon as I finish the book I'm currently reading, I'm going to start on this one. Maybe you'll want to check it out, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment