Thursday, September 30, 2010

Trying to Make it All Work

I went to Oktoberfest here in La Crosse last night. It was fun, and I resisted the urge to drink my points, even though it was craft beer night. Doesn't that sound virtuous?

Oh, did I mention the gyro I ate? Hey, I mean. I did ask the guy to "go light" on the sauce, so that's something, right?

Oh, but did I mention I got some sour-cream-and-onion chips to go with that? Oh, well. It was a small bag, right?

Oh, but did I mention that I decided to get a funnel cake? Hey, I did share it with my friends. Sort of.

Oh, and then one of the new professors was there, so I ate a couple of his cheese curds.

So, yeah. Last night wasn't a series of good choices, eh? I did that whole justification thing the entire night. But justification doesn't burn calories (oh, if only).

My last bit of atonement was to stop at the grocery store on my way home. I'll be out of town this weekend, with friends (i.e., with socializing), so I know it's going to be a series of temptations. I got tons of healthy snacks to take with so that I have more opportunities to make the right decisions. Here's hoping for success.

I'm increasingly aware that the past weeks have been exactly the kind of thing that makes people have to go back to WW after gaining back all the weight. With God as my witness, I will NOT be in that camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment