Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Something to Chew On, Besides Food

Today's entry on Snack Girl was relevant and useful, so I thought I'd better link to it. She talks about the importance of eating healthy all year rather than worrying about what you eat at the holidays.

I did pretty much exactly what she said people do. I assumed I'd put on up to five pounds in the time I was home, and yet, I gained basically nothing. I'm now back to what I was when I left. I'm starting to wonder if, because I eat healthy most days of the week most weeks of the year (not to mention exercise!!), I've put my metabolism in a place where it can process the junk for a couple of weeks without doing much damage. While before this change in my lifestyle, my metabolism simply couldn't keep up with the perpetual onslaught of fat, sugar, and empty calories...so I kept gaining. 

Basically, then, maybe eating healthy make eating unhealthy...easier! (In small doses, obviously!!) Talk about a mega-bonus of my new lifestyle!

Be sure to notice the tweet she quotes: "Don't worry about what you eat between Christmas and New Year's. Worry about what you eat between New Year's and Christmas." Great advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment