Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blogging as Tracking

I'm in the midst of adjusting to my daily schedule for the new semester, not to mention the ongoing remodel in my basement--which is turning out great!  That means, though, that I haven't had time to blog so much. I'm hoping to get back into the habit, mostly because it keeps me actively thinking about my eating and decision-making skills. As I posted last time, I feel like I'm finding my groove with balancing good decisions with the occasional bad ones, but it's always good when something keeps you in the thought process, and this blog really does that.

Which, of course, is 100% related to the tracking element of WW. It's such a habit for me now to track my food both in my head and online. It doesn't feel like a burden. It's just something I do. I type up what I eat as I'm eating it or  before or after I eat it. When I don't know points values, like when I eat out, I'm good about guessing so I can stay moderately on track. This blog is just another venue for doing the same thing at a philosophy level. If you don't keep track of what you eat, you really should. It doesn't have to be through WW. Just keep track of calories, trends in your decisions (e.g., patterns of overindulgence in sweets).

Anyway. I wanted to post this link because I thought it was pretty great for my hopefully upcoming trips to Trader Joe's. One of my emails posted a link to a list of the healthier options at the store, and I'm going to take this with me next time I make a run.

Tomorrow starts week two of the semester. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment